blackbird

Monday, February 01, 2010

Snow.

 
Snow. The very word evokes a plethora of emotions, sometimes the emotion varies by the person, sometimes the emotion varies within a single person. Much of time the emotion is dependent on the activities at hand. I know for me, if I don't have anything planned and can just stay at home and snuggle beneath a blanket, curled up with a good book, periodically looking out the window  and watching the big, white, fluffy snow falling is a peaceful feeling. However, if I know my kids have to travel it brings out fear and uneasiness. 

Now ask a school age child what he thinks of when he hears the word, snow, and I'm sure you will be rewarded with a big smile and perhaps one simple word -FUN! Last year when we had snow around Christmas time, my boys were playing out in the snow with their young cousins. I am not sure who was having the most fun but it was obvious they were enjoying themselves. 

I decided I wanted to make a collage of a few of my favorite pics from that day and embellished with some of the phrases from some of my favorite "snowy" songs. I have this picture at my desk and it makes me smile every time I see it. I mean who wouldn't smile when they see the pure joy and simple smile on a child's face? Even the coldest day can't keep you from feeling warm inside.

No comments: