blackbird

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mind Shift

The quote on the picture:
If we cannot fix the animal mind inside of ourselves,
then how can we expect to achieve world peace,
how can we expect to make the whole world a single flower?

I made this picture from one of my sunflower photos I took. It was shortly after 9-11 and I had been thinking alot about why we as humans want to destroy one another. I cannot remember where the quote came from and I think it must have been anonymous. After watching the events in Haiti it reminded me again of how the world can come together to help a nation with such an outpouring after a tragedy such as the earthquake, but we cannot live in harmony because we want to fight over our differences in our spiritual beliefs. I also have to wonder about where was all this aid before the earthquake.  Haiti had problems before the earthquake hit and not many seemed to care. It just seems so sad that it takes a catastrophe such as this to make us take note of the daily suffering and devastation that surrounds us. We continue to live our comfortable lives not caring for others until the shifting of the ground causes a shifting in our thinking.

Maybe today should be the day that we all find one thing we can do to make our world a better place, not just for ourselves but for those in our neighborhood, our country or our world.

No comments: