blackbird

Sunday, March 25, 2012

No need to tiptoe through these tulips

Ahhhh, Botanica. I had an opportunity to visit yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. No, not surprised at the beautiful tulips EVERYWHERE but at the changes since the last time I visited. They were having an event called the Tulips and Fairies Festival. I wasn't quite sure about the Fairies part but I was not at any time accosted by a Tinkerbellish creature. Upon arrival, I was a little surprised to see so many children but after some exploration I discovered that Botanica now has a wonderful children's area. There were crafts to be made, an education center and an extensive play/exploration area. And judging by the amount of happy screams and the absence of crying, I'd say the kids were loving it. One little girl made me chuckle, I heard her say, "MOM! over here, we haven't smelled this one yet!" We should all take that old adage to heart a little more often, you know the one— Stop and smell the roses, or in this case, tulips.

I didn't take any pictures of the children's area (what was I thinking!) but I did snap a few of the gorgeous tulips. So now you can grab the kids and a friend and you can experience nature at it's best, I suggest a visit to Wichita's little treasure, Botanica.


No comments: