blackbird

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Third Round Mascot Bracketology - Super Hero or Cartoon Character

When picking a very scientific method to predict the winners of my third round picks (based of course on my second round picks) I decided to use a not-so-well-known method of which mascot would make a good super hero or cartoon character. Why you ask? ----->this is me shrugging<----- because I can..... so, here goes....
Ala St. Hornets vs George Mason Patriots- goes to the Hornets.......ummm, Green Hornet? duh
West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Kentucky Wildcats - hmmm, this was a little tougher, neither really fits the criteria so I chose the Mountaineers, simply because it made me think of the cartoon with the Saint Bernard with the little keg around his neck and the mountain climber.
Xavier Muskateers vs. Indian St. Sycamores - once again, a tree. A tree? really? not funny for a cartoon and no detectable super powers, da da da dummmmm and in swooped in the mighty Sycamores to save the day! no, doesn't work, win goes to the Muskateers (besides I love their candy bar)
Washington Huskies vs. Long Island Blackbirds - I'm so laughing remember (yes, I'm old) the magpies Heckle and Jeckle? So the win goes to the Blackbirds

Hampton Pirates and Michigan Wolverines - oh course, Hugh Jackman? the Wolverines
Memphis Tigers vs Oakland Golden Grizzlies - my first inclination is to say that the Golden Grizzlies reminds me the Golden girls which is similar to a bad cartoon......but I'm going to have to have to go with the Tigers because I also think of Tony the Tiger who is really a representative for Kellogg's Frosted Flakes but a cartoon none-the-less.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs Connecticut Huskies - neither really jump out at me as a clear choice so I'm going to go with the Bearcats. My reason being is the bearcat reminds me mercat that little animal, Timon, in Lion King.
Temple Owls vs San Diego St Aztecs - Owl, I can think of two right off the top of my head, the Owl in Winnie the Pooh, aptly named....uh, Owl and the owl in the commercial for tootsie pops, that says, How many licks to get to the middle of a tootsie pop? so the winner is the Owls. And by the way, the answer is 3.
Kansas Jayhawks vs UNLV Running Rebels - I pick the Jayhawks because they remind me of the Kellogg's Fruit Loop bird.


Richmond Spiders vs Louisville Cardinals - easy peezy, Spiderman. so Spiders
USC Trojans vs Purdue Boilermakers - gotta go with the Little Engine That Could on this one. Boiler UP! Boilermakers
Texas A&M Aggies vs Notre Dame Fighting Irish - laughing, appropriately for this time of year, gotta pick the Irish. And how can they lose? I'm reminded of the Lucky Charms Leprechaun, they are magically delicious! Fighting Irish

UALR Trojans vs Old Dominion Monarchs - What IS IT with all the Trojans? The market is flooded with them this year? But I'm going with the Monarchs, which is actually a lion. And maybe it's a stretch but thinking of the Lion from the Wizard of Oz. Oh, and I like that song, ooooo wee doooo oooo widdledomdoayyyyy........in the jungle the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.
You can thank me later for getting that song stuck in your head, giggle giggle.
Kansas State Wildcats vs Wisconsin Badgers - The wildcats are purple and Snagglepuss is pink so I've got to go with the Wildcats. Not very manly but my pick anyway.

Gonzaga Zags vs BYU Cougars - Ok, this may be a stretch but I'm going with Tom from Tom and Jerry, he is actually a regular housecat but I'm sure he most likely descended from a long line of different larger cats and quite possibly a cougar was among them. Win to Cougars


Michigan St Spartans vs UC Santa Barbara Gauchos- In the realm of superheros I suppose a Spartan would classify as some sort of superhero, no real powers but when I think of Gaucho I think of the guys sitting around the campfire in Blazing Saddles and I'm sorry but superhero material, they are not. Victory to the Spartans.

No comments: