blackbird

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bierocks..... Yummy!

Tonight I wanted to make bierocks. It is said to be a german food, however the origin is somewhat sketchy. I am not going to tell you specific amounts because I didn't measure anything. For me, cooking is creating, not science so if you are a recipe kinda person, sorry.

I used Frozen bread dough because I am too lazy to wait on my own. I just thawed it in the refrigerator for about 2 days beforehand.

For the filling: Onions sauteed in butter, Hamburger, Cabbage, garlic seasoning, course ground black pepper, cumin and a little cheese. Most bierocks do not have cheese, but I am a firm believer that just about everything is better with cheese. : )

I cooked all my ingredients until the cabbage was tender. I made little mini pizza type dough crusts and put the ingredients inside. I pulled up the edges to cover all the filling and placed them seam side down on a cookie sheet. Baked at 350 until golden brown.



Mighty tasty.
sehr schmackhaft




No comments: