blackbird

Friday, January 27, 2006

USA Conference


Well, this week went by quickly. A day at KU and 2 days in Wichita at the USA Conference. Working a conference (at the vendor booth) is both long and tiring but I get a certain satisfaction from the effort. I remember when I first started working at ESSDACK, almost 9 years ago, and when I said I worked at ESSDACK, no one even knew what that was. I really enjoy the way people stop by just to say how much they love ESSDACK. I know this will sound kinda sillly but I kinda think this must be what it feels like to be related to a celebrity, you don't see it the same way others do.
And that Steve Wyckoff- people seem to actually enjoy talking with him! LOL. I do like my job, it's changed over the years and I can see myself doing something else but not anywhere else. I learn, I use what I learn, I have the freedom to learn more, do more, be more. Of course we have "family" squabbles and differences, but for the most part we all get along really well.

Here is an old picture but I'll replace it later with a newer one.


Well, enough glowing reports about ESSDACK. Now to get ready for the Hutch High Basketball game.

No comments: