blackbird

Thursday, December 24, 2009

ARUBA, Jamaica, ooo I wanna take ya.........

Once again Aruba....... I love that place. It is so sad that it has gotten a bad rap since the Natalie Holloway thing. I am sorry that happened - I'm sorry when a crime like that takes place anywhere - but Aruba is not to blame. Sure, things might have been handled differently but unfortunately that kinda of stuff happens even in the US.

Aruba is hands-down my favorite place to vacation. But my idea of a perfect vacation is probably different than other peoples. I've been there and done all the touristy things (of which there really aren't that many) and so now when I go, it all about relaxing. Laying on the beach, whether in the sun or under an umbrella, and doing nothing. Reading books, reapplying sunscreen and worrying about where to go to dinner, now that's a vacation. My schedule consisted of go find a beach chair, lay in the sun, read a little, sleep, read, eat, lay in the sun, move to the shade, read, go get ready for dinner - and maybe somewhere in there have a drink with a little umbrella in it. FAN-FRICKIN-TASTIC.

We did go snorkeling one day, I absolutely love doing that also. I love being in the water with the fish and visiting their world. I fed the fish and that was fun, I had a wadded up piece of bread in my hand and the colorful fish were swarming around me, it was wild. If I held my hand right above the water a few of those little rascals would jump out of the water toward my hand.

Didn't take too many pictures - most of the time was spent laying in beach chairs with drool running out of our mouths so really not picture worthy............but I have a couple of pictures that I really loved.

No comments: