blackbird

Sunday, June 28, 2009

His Eye is on the Sparrow......

OK, does anyone else think it's weird that dumb wildlife crisis happen to me all the time? This time a sparrow was in my house. He wanted as desperately to escape as I wanted him out. Murphy, the blonde greyhound was trying her dead level best to assist but only achieved scaring the poop out of the little bird. The black greyhound watched all the hubbub from her Egyptian Lion pose as if to be nothing more than amused by our scramblings. The bird flew right by her head and she looked at me as if to indicate, "I am retired, I will not chase the bird for you, and I am getting annoyed".

Finally, armed with a mixing bowl and a straw basket, I managed to corral the frightened bird and set him free into the wild of the back yard.

No comments: