blackbird

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Weather Time To Cook Again

The weather is cooling down and makes me want to get back in the kitchen and do some cooking. Yesterday I made Chili, ohhhhh, was it sooo good. We'll eat another bowl today and then send the rest back to Kansas City with Aaron. I also made a recipe I'd been dying to try. Pumpkin Muffins, a super easy recipe.

Pumpkin Muffins

1-yellow cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1 can of cream cheese frosting
(and sprinkles if you are a sprinkle kind of person, and I am!!)
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. It's just that easy and they were quite tasty.
Pumpkin Muffins
Aaron is home for the weekend and loves Nutella (what's not to love?) so I decided to experiment with Nutella and found a great recipe at Megan's Cookin. A great little no-bake cookie, Nutella style. I had to modify the original recipe a bit because I didn't have quite enough oats (don't cha just hate that?) but they were still very yummy. I won't give you the adjusted one, just the original.

No-Bake Nutella Cookies

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 & 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.Reduce heat and continue to boil for 3 minutes, still stirring.
  2. Remove from heat and add Vanilla.
  3. Add Nutella.
  4. Add oats and mix well.
  5. Drop quickly onto  waxed paper and allow cookies to cool and set.

No-bake Nutella Cookies
Then for lunch made some very tasty country style ribs. The key to moist, fall off the bone (if there was a bone) ribs is to cook them very slow and just put them on the grill to cook on the barbque sauce and give a slightly crispy exterior. And no doubt about it, they were good. The left-overs will go with Aaron. I know he'll at least have a few good meals. :)
Country Style Ribs

No comments: