blackbird

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Scottsdale, Arizona - The Desert Adventure - FLW's Taliesin West

I went and visited Frank Lloyd Wright's, home and school of architecture in Arizona, Taliesin West. I wasn't too excited at first by looking at the pictures online it didn't seem that fascinating to me but others wanted to visit so I willingly went along. What I wasn't counting on was a great lesson into the life and works of Frank Lloyd Wright. I had vistited another structure of his in Bartlesville, Oklahoma called the Price Tower.

Frank Lloyd Wright for all his oddities and eccentricities was a brilliant architect. It is said that all he needed to make a building was his imagination, a triangle and a Tsquare. No rulers necessary. It was a great tour and we had a fabulous and very informative tour guide.












No comments: