blackbird

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity

 In this day and age it is no surprise that we are a nation of fake anything and everything. Our pride and vanity and just general human competition causes us to want to improve the physical attributes we find less that appealing. Most of us have heard of fake fingernails, dyed hair, implants of all kinds, botox, enlargements, reductions, peels, and weaves. We find products to help us push it in, lift it up, support it, suppress it, and redirect it but I what I have found myself doing is something that is still not a popular process here in the middle of prairie country. However, I have the feeling when women (ok, those of us that are simply vain creatures) figure this out, it is gonna bust loose.


I cannot wear false nails....many of my friends have them and they are gorgeous, but I simply cannot type with long nails,.....something about needing to feel the keys under my fingertips.  I've always been a bit jealous of those with long beautifully painted talons making the wearer ooze with femininity. But now I have found the wonder of eyelash extentions. Yes, you heard me...




Eylelash Extentions-

I say what?The extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They provide length and thickness to your own lashes and are available in varying lengths and thickness. They are applied to your individual eyelashes, one lash at a time. There is no need for mascara even though a water based mascara is fine to use. The result is thicker, longer, eye opening eyelashes that are safe in the shower, while swimming, sleeping or exercising.

Now, some might say, you fool, fake eyelashes have no doubt been around since the time of Rahab the harlot, but have you ever tried to put them on? I am not sure what kind of octopus arms are needed but when I tried I looked like a bad chucky movie character and almost glued my eye lids shut......bad experience. But I swear after I first had extentions put on, I heard harps and angels singing. It was beautiful, I would have cried but needed to keep them dry. The process itself is painless and I simply love the result. I have a great beautician named aptly named Hope that is simply -mahvelous dahlink. 


So, if you need a little beauty pick-me-up or are just lazy, this is a great option. I no longer have to wear mascara on my upper lashes and when I went to Grenada this summer, I didn't wear make up at all, it was great and people still could actually see my eyes! So if you live around here call Hope and schedule an appointment. Tell her I sent you, she will laugh as she remembers me taking pictures of myself during our last appointment.....(she is a great sport!) 


Hope
Faircrest Salon
Hutchinson  (620) 669-0621










No comments: