blackbird

Friday, December 23, 2011

Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge



Found this recipe on pinterest (have I mentioned I LOVE Pinterest? oh, I have? ok) and omgosh is it good. (Original recipe here at the blog Eat Good 4 Life, some really great recipes) I had official taste testers and it was an all around hit. I think the thing that caught my attention was the different combination of ingredients. I'm not sure exactly about the cost of making this but let's just say it wasn't cheap, so make it for people you really, really like. :)




Ingredients:

36 oz white chocolate chips (3 bags)
1 14 oz can condensed milk
1/2 cup Irish cream liquor plus 3-4 tablespoons (I sometimes use 3/4 cups)
1/2 cup raw pistachios, roughly chopped- I used canned slightly salty and they were fine

Lined a small cookie sheet with foil and lightly grease it.

In a sauce pan, at low heat, pour all of the ingredients except pistachios. Stir constantly until chocolate has almost melted.

Turn off heat and continue stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Add pistachios and pour evenly onto prepared pan. Let cool and chill until set. Remove fudge from pan and peal off the foil paper. Cut fudge into small squares.

No comments: