blackbird

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish, Dead Fish, New Fish

So, I got to work this morning and was faced with the task of disposing of my beloved red betta, Max. (Yes, I know there is a joke in there). Max had not seemed well for a few days and evidently succumbed to the watery grave during the night. I loved Max, or at least as much as you can love a fish. We did have a way of communication, I swear he responded to me and I'm sure it wasn't only because I had a pinch of blood worms for him. I said my proper goodbyes to Max as he was swirled out to sea. I decided I could not let my grief consume me and promptly cleaned out his bowl, then immediately drove to Petco and got another one. Not a replacement because.....oh ok, it was a replacement, a newer, younger, smaller red Betta. So now I am working on training Finley and I'm sure soon he will know all the tricks and will be a great workplace companion.
My new podmate, Finley

No comments: